My dumb tweets

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fun facts about Kilplix #2

I love ragdoll physics, heck, physics in general, have loved it since I played games, and when the havok engine was made, its literally the greatest advancement in gaming to me, not new spiffy graphics, but actual improvement upon environment/gameplay. The havok engine led to the endorphin engine which makes ragdoll all the more amazing (see GTA 4).

ragdoll physics has brought hundreds of hours of fun that I wouldn't have had if it didn't exist.

Max payne 2, I spent hours, literally hours on one room, its a room where the whole floor will explode and fall, taking enemies (and me) with it, but yeah, I spent nearly a whole day in that room just to see all the different and crazy ways I could die, and the enemies could die.

In fact I had uploaded a video of max payne 2, of a different part where i'd kill Mona by getting crushed by this beam, I spent hours there too, guess I deleted the video, ho well.

9 comments:

  1. yea, i loved killing myself in max payne 2, falling, exploding, glitching, etc, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really think too much about the game physics until I started getting into PC gaming. You know what pulled me into PC gaming? GMOD! That probably explained everything. And to think it all started out with the release of the Orange box on consoles and me randomly finding a youtube video of GMOD while looking at videos of Portal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Physics for me are the one of the main things to put in a game. My interest in physics started in the xbox with Starwars republic commando.
    You should streamthat game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought the ragdoll physics in Battlefield 2 were hilarious.

    Captcha: laters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol would be nice if you woulded let that video xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, personally I don't care TOO much about graphics in general. My first viewpoint if a game is doable or not is from gameplay perspective. Tried Battlefield 2142 back in what was it, 2006? Fell in love with it instant, then I tried now later on for example, Medal of honor 2010 multiplayer. Didn't like it, bailed. (No offence MoH players, was not just my cup of tea)

    TL;DR: Graphics only? See further than that lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You say you like physics, do you like jiggle physics?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I know exactly which Max Payne 2 room you're talking about because I've done exactly the same thing. Do you know of the -developerkeys cheats? Lets you do things such as control the timescale and toggle free camera. It was especially fun doing that in the apartment building when you team up with the hobo and the hooker in the hallway. You can let them have a gunfight and watch the bullets fly all around in slow motion. I couldn't get enough of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, you should work in the game industry, you probably have tons of cool ideas for games

    ReplyDelete