My dumb tweets

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

may as well be 56k

My net has been atrocious: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1149065473.png

yesterday I called my ISP and they tried fixing it, it seemed to work, for about 10 mins.

so today I call again and after some crap he tells me there's maintenance in my area and NOT TO FRET, MY NET WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL EVENTUALLY, but of course he has no idea when!

so tomorrow i'm calling the business line of the ISP and demanding a free month or SOME sort of compensation for this crap.

playing online is a nightmare, crap sucks

12 comments:

  1. You are lucky, my normal internet speed isn't even what yours is NOW. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get 1.5 MB/s normally, internet doesn't seem bad to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im planning on burning down the people that gave me this shitty internet connection i cant do shit with this. it cuts off every hour and 30 mins and it resets by itself... you don't have it that bad internet wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a monkey in a cage cranking my internet and feed it bananas to keep it going...
    And I'm all out of bananas =(

    .50 upload or something makes streaming l4d impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My university internet is shared with about 400 people. They throttle youtube to 30kbps. I haven't watched a video in HD for months. Also it's too slow for video streaming on iplayer, 4od and pretty much every other website. Luckily it's fine for multiplayer which keeps me somewhat sane!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel sad

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1149764899.png

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.5 Mb over here and online gaming runs perfectly. Why is it terrible for some people to have less than 3mb?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's crazy. Hopefully they give you something to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "eventually" = "who knows when"
    i hate that. those people never tell you something useful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I go at .38 mbps as a download, and .01 mbps as upload with a 322 ping, I absolutely hate AT&T U-Verse, high speed my ass.

    ReplyDelete